Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Sager Awards

I have discussed who I think should win the real NBA awards, but if they had some superlative awards (superlative = something has at least one feature to a greater degree than anything it is being compared to in a given context) then it might look something like this (I know there are more, but these are the ones that stuck out for me)…I Call them the Sager Awards

Best Flopper- Manu Ginobli; definitely has overtaken D. Fish

Whiner Award- Dwight Howard; has overtaken Timmy…Dwight you are huge, we know they foul you on every possession…get over it!

Best team NOT to make the playoffs: This pains me to say this, but the Houston Rockets…watch out for them in the years to come.

Most Overrated Player-Joe Johnson; boy he is an ultimate hustler. I bet Atlanta wishes they could take back their max contract back.

Team Most affected by the Trade Deadline: The Boston Celtics…I didn’t think the loss of Perkins would have hurt them this badly.

Biggest Winner of the Trade Deadline: I highlighted OKC already, but I will mention the New Jersey Nets…they didn’t get Melo…but they got a real point guard at a cheaper price….

Most Underrated Player: Tony Parker; say what you want, but the Spurs don’t win 40 games without this guy.
Worst Big Man in the League- Brook Lopez…I mean you 7 feet tall and you only averaging 6 rebounds a game.

Please Retire Award: There are several who could win this, but I am going to have to say Shaquille Oneal.

Walking Triple Double- Lebron James; remember when people called T-Mac a walking triple double?

The Microwave Award- Marcus Thornton; won’t play a lick of D, but when he gets it going offensively…

The Black Hole- Brandon Jennings; he is not allergic to shooting…AT ALL…EVER…

Mr.#ICantBelieveHeHoop- Paul Pierce; I don’t know how you can be so slow and so cold at the same time.

The Fighter: Kenyon Martin; I ain’t never seen him fight in a game, but he is the only guy in the NBA who looks like you don’t want it with him.

They Don’t Mix Award- this goes to Monta Ellis and Steph Curry; Golden State needs to decide who they want and trade the other.

Dynamic Duo Award- Blake Griffin and Baron Davis (pre-trade)

Father Time- Grant Hill; how many of you would want this guy playing on your favorite team? I know I would

Most Likely to Get Posterized-Gary Neal; he has been dunked on more than any other player in the league.

Softest Player in the League-Chris Bosh; move over Dirk Nowitzki

Ultimate Hustler Award- Gilbert Arenas; this dude has made more money than most of the Memphis Grizzles combined for being hurt and shooting less than 30% from the field.

1 comment:

  1. As much as it pains me to say this "GOOD JOB" LOL

    ReplyDelete